2.24.2008

Fuzzy and Aquatic

My homie L just paid us a quick visit, punctuated by chowder, amazing views of a very wavy post-storm Monterey Bay, and an up-close visit with a fuzzy creature of extreme* cuteness.



While we were on the wharf watching him, he dove down three separate times and returned with tasty morsels. Them otters, they like to eat.

My TA assignment is getting a little ridiculous, for both me and the students. I have 60 5-page papers, 60 map quizzes, and 60 normal quizzes to grade. They have four lengthy textbook chapters to read and all of the above papers and quizzes to write. I think I'm going to have a little pep talk in section with them tomorrow about how they should be wary of lower-division history classes; profs tend to bring the hammer down in a way they actuallydon't in upper-division ones.

Shoulder to the wheel....shoulder to the wheel....shoulder to the wheel...

In other boring news, I'm kind of stuck on my field statement. I wrote all the stuff I can write without reading more books. So now I have to read more books. I think I'll try to figure out a way into tricking my brain into thinking that I'm having fun, maybe by taking up a powerful hallucinogenic drug habit.

* Extreme like paragliding down a tundra glacier with a jet-powered jet ski while pounding Mountain Dew.

4 comments:

the rambler said...

such cuteness!

Trust in Steel said...

Why do you have 60 students as a TA? Doesn't seem right.

kungfuramone said...

Testify, brother, testify.

clumsygirl said...

OTTERS!!!