2.03.2008

Dungeons and Dragons; World History

I just finished giving my coffee presentation at the World History Conference. It went well; the ninja grand master of coffee history was there and he approved. Also, homies C and K did a bang-up job presenting on their chosen topics (whales and beavers, respectively.)

The conference was actually a lot of fun and I met several really nice, really smart historians from all over the place (Warwick, UK being the furthest-flung locale.) I am, however, far behind on my reading as a result and I'm relieved that it's over.

Now, on to the really important news: we are firing up a D+D campaign here in the SC, FINALLY. I've got an elite cadre of axe-wielding maniacs lined up to take part. The first session is Wednesday. And it's going to go down like it did for Daniel in Freaks and Geeks:


Sweet.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Great job. You really knocked the socks off the Coffee Ninja (new name?). In other news, L finally gets the talk re: the Sith.

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, he was in top form this morning...

the rambler said...

Congrats! Glad to hear the presentations went so well!

clumsygirl said...

Yay! Coffee! Congrats on surviving your presentation. I was granted the honor of being an audience member for a GI-nourmous conference last week. I do not envy presenters.

ps. I miss Freaks & Geeks. sigh... They always cancel my favorite shows.

ninjahq said...

You mean you're going to turn them all into "cool guys"? That was a great clip :)