4.18.2009

Not a Stitch to Wear

DANG, dude:


This is not good for kids like me who don't like it above about 70 degrees, let alone within spitting distance of 90 during friggin' APRIL.

The thing is, I just don't know what to wear! I have so many great sweaters, so many fine combinations of button shirts and jackets, so many snappy Fall + Winter outfits, that inclement conditions never bother me. But in the summertime, I'm constantly uncomfortably hot and I don't like how I look. I mean, I asked this on a blog post years ago, but I still don't have a good answer: is there any style of shorts that doesn't look lame on a tall skinny guy like me?

This summer, anyway, I'm going to be showing off the ink more. It's just too uncomfortable when I keep the sleeves incognito. I need to have a plan. I'll get a good bottle of SPF 400 sunscreen and, wear my hats, and if we have any money this summer, maybe think about getting a slightly less ridiculous pair of sunglasses.

7 comments:

Cody Austin Rich said...

Wait, slightly less ridiculous? Wouldn't that still make them somewhat ridiculous?

And what's wrong with ridiculous, anyway? Weren't you the one that brought wearing Cop Shades back?

kungfuramone said...

You make a compelling point, my man. The cop shades stay, even if I introduce some variety in the goggles.

noncoupable said...

Wuss. Just drink more water.
This post reminds me of all those whiny kids in the dorms who claim they need to have air filtering units because otherwise their allergies would act up.

kungfuramone said...

I just don't like the sun, ok dude? I don't call you a wuss for whinging about your MA thesis, do I?

noncoupable said...

good point.

I'm just biased: I like the sun. :)

Dolce Vita said...

I'm sure you also meant to add that this weather makes a person uncomfortable, mentally slow, and sleepy and the glare off of everything is blinding.

high of 96 in la-la land today. so it begins... bleh.

Chrissy said...

Um, you could probably have the wife transorm a pair of old dickies into some shorts. Just make sure she makes them a length you are comfortable with. Then you could even rock them with some crew socks and not even have to show much leg.

Bring on the SPF400! Pale-skinned people unite!