11.30.2012

Cold November Rain

November is my favorite month.  I like Thanksgiving.  This is a known fact about me.  I also like that it rains a lot in November.  Oregon in November has this gorgeous palate; it's 50 shades of gray in the sky, then shocking green on the ground.

This November has been all the better for the fact that I'm working at The CC, and thereby have a sense of timing as the term draws to a close (rather than just another 35 years of working with computers until I get to retire, which is where I was at this time last year.)  As I may have mentioned, B and I have also been enjoying the wide world of brown liquor quite a bit.  It's somehow way more satisfying to sip on little tiny glasses of bourbon than to drink beers (which is what we were doing this time last year), and it's both less expensive and involves fewer empty watered-down calories.

Things are going well with The Nervous.  My +4 sword (that would be the bass) is still having some issues, but I feel confident that "me and" Ransom will be able to figure it out.  I'm trying a new thing with songs, namely, paying attention to how I'm singing them, rather than just spitting out a bunch of lyrics at the same tempo and following the exact same notes I'm playing on my bass.  New tune I'm working on: "(I'm gonna kick your ass with my) Bionic Arm".

Godspeed, internet.

No comments: