10.12.2012

Coming Up Milhouse

This brilliant picture was on some "funny dumb pictures" site I look at occasionally.  I just wish I had thought of it (the tattoo, not the site) first.

The rain has returned!  I walked over to the Plaid Pantry after getting home from campus to buy a six pack, sans umbrella, just to soak up the Oregonian goodness.  I've got the basement window open a bit so that I can listen to as I'm tapping away on the keys here...

Speaking of hearing, I have a weird ear thing going on.  I'm going in to the doc, but not for two weeks...teaching obligations and meetings are keeping me away from Kaiser until then.  It's kind of worrisome; slight tinnitus, very weird tissue movement / behavior.  Normally I am cool with getting older, but this kind of thing is six gallons of bullshit in a three gallon bucket.

Since we can't do band practice tomorrow, 2/3 of the Nervous are going out for beers instead.  Rock n' Roll has to happen one way or the other, you see.

Note on teaching (and in defiance of my "I can't really talk about work online" thing from before): it turns out that I am part of a much smaller department than I realized.  My position there matters a lot more than I'd anticipated; I'm a reasonably large percentage of the total history crew, even counting all of the campuses, district-wide, all by my lonesome.  
No pressure.

No comments: