1.29.2010

Double X Rated

While my major concern at the moment is the explosive decompression of the hot water heater in my apartment building last night, and the subsequent coldest-shower-ever I took this morning, I am happy nonetheless to announce the following:

We found out yesterday that our kid-to-be is definitely a girl. I am elated with this news.

A few advantages to girl-having:
  1. Faster mental development all around.
  2. More to the point, shorter time to being housebroken.
  3. Fewer physically violent and/or randomly destructive urges.
The only disadvantage I can think of right now:
  1. It's statistically likely that she will date stupid guys eventually. But that's still quite a ways off, so I'm not really worried about it.

9 comments:

Placeholder said...

Congratulations! I can personally attest to the fact that having a girl is awesome. While you're spot on concerning the faster development and pottytraining, I can't say I agree with the lack of violent urges commentary. Maybe it's just the conflict of being half hippie and half Chupacabra, but my little monkey is pretty weird and impulsively violent at times. However, because she's an adorable little girl, its mostly cute. Oh, also, despite your best efforts, her favorite color will be pink no matter what you do.

Rachel said...

congratulations!!! and agreed with the previous poster - pink is an unfortunate requirement. Something to do with their brains and development and learning they're girls, yada yada yada... it's usually a lot of fun. ;)

ninjahq said...

Yay! I'm so happy! I was hoping for a girl for you guys :)

kungfuramone said...

I actually *like* pink, so that's fine. We're starting off with gender-neutral stuff until the kid expresses a preference.

another kind of nerd said...

And the cuteness shall abound.

I'm actually having more fun picturing you intimidating would-be suitors with your tattoos and shaved head. Just don't talk to them. Let their imaginations run wild.

Adva Ahava said...

Yay! Congratulations! Very exciting news :-)

Chrissy said...

Congrats!

Elizabeth M. said...

Excellent news. May she be whatever and whomever she is.

Dolce Vita said...

So, she let you in on her secret, huh? You two must have already mastered parenting and bribed her; but how did you do it in utero? I'm so impressed!

I love E's image of you meeting potential suitors. Ha!

Pink and princesses may be unavoidable but they can also be (mercifully) short-lived, as when my girl said "I don't like princesses now that I'm so old [at age 5.5]."

Congrats!