6.11.2009

On the Road Again

Tomorrow afternoon we're off once again for another lightning raid on the Beaver State. We're staying the night in Novato, then hauling our muscular asses all the way to Oregon City and the home of B's brother + the gang. My 7-year old niece will demand back rides for three days, I will comply because I don't know how to say no to her, and that will be that.

After that we have a couple of days in PDX to check in with the Best Looking Kids in the West and to have as much BBQ action as possible. Then we're back down to Eugene to see my mom and brother, then we're back to Cali, then the day after I have my first lecture to deliver at 9am. It just occurred to me that I never printed out the syallbi for my class, so I'll literally have to hit campus the same day we get back to SC to take care of that. Sigh...

We're breaking some policies with this trip. Two years ago we swore off driving to Oregon after a tire blew and misery ensued. We've taken a long enough hiatus, though, that we think we're up to the task. We've also been doing pretty well with compartmentalizing visits up till now; we saw just The Good Looking Kids in January and just my family in April, rather than running around like crazy people trying to visit everyone. This time...we're running around like crazy people trying to visit everyone. It'll be tiring, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Send me your syllabus, tell me how many copies and I'll leave them on your kitchen table.

Leah said...

I remember doing the same not so long ago. And it is funny, once we moved from Davis, the trip reversed itself. Bob is headed down there for the next two weeks and I'll join him for a weekend. Enjoy every minute, even the drive!

ninjahq said...

There is a fair chance I won't see you this visit, but luckily, I'll be seeing you at the end of July. :)

Have a great trip if I don't get the pleasure of your company!