11.08.2007

Should Have Been: Artiste

You can tell when you're not going to be able to sleep at about midnight. It just kind of occurs to you that you're not asleep yet and you won't be for hours to come. I've got some sweet new earplugs that work well for making the thumping neighbors less a factor. It wouldn't have made any difference last night anyway.

Fortunately for me, my eyes on the east coast A is very close to a fellow I once knew in Jersey who posts things here and who is now MFA at Berkeley. And how he dances. And how he dances, my friends:



In a best-case scenario, that's what it sounds like inside my head this morning. In a worse-than-that case, it's more like black metal, the really swedish kind wherein they actually burn down churches.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

It's good right? It is too awesome when my blog's in yours... and then this guy too! Best blog day ever.

kungfuramone said...

I'm just tickled pink!

noncoupable said...

There must be something in the air... I couldn't sleep last night or the night before with ear plugs in, meditation music, eye shades... I might give in and give the sleeping meds a try tonight.

Dolce Vita said...

I self-medicate for that malaise you didn't mention. My current preference is for bailey's with milk - on ice if I'm in the right mood. The combination of alcohol and tryptophan (thanks Cabiria) can sometimes unknot my stomach.