3.14.2009

Note to Taxpayers on the Go

On sitting down here at the inlaws to do my taxes, I discovered that B and I owe a lot to the feds, because the good people at the payroll office haven't been withholding anything on my paychecks for social security.

SO: if you have some weird semi-job at a university like I do, consider reading your pay stubs very carefully and contact the appropriate staff members if anything looks out of whack. I'm going to go drink a very high-alcohol-percentage beer now.

Yours,
-KFR

7 comments:

ninjahq said...

I'm sorry dood :(

Rachel said...

this has happened to me at every university job I've ever had, including our TA in Oregon. sucks... :(

Cody Austin Rich said...

I owe for both Federal and State this year, which is quite strange. I've never owed Federal in the past, even over the last few years when I've been working for the school. I have no idea why, but it seems that an inordinate number of people in similar positions are suffering from the same problem.

That's okay. I wasn't really that fond of having money anyway.

clumsygirl said...

I finally had someone do my taxes this year, as I was baffled by the process of paying estimated Oregon taxes from my Washington state paychecks. This means that while I shamefully hang my head over not doing my own taxes, I also am not going to be paying several thousands of dollars to the state of Oregon every April anymore. I now have fancy little bill-esque "coupons" that I will pay each month.

So weird, the interstate working.

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy said...

Aw dude. That totally sucks. :(

Ransom said...

Fie! I had the same thing happen when I was a contractor at the Giant Chips-And-Boards Maker... I suspect the person doing payroll for the contracting place was the same one who'd given me my orientation packet with some previous applicant's drug test results in the middle of the pile...