4.19.2007

Why No One E-mails Me Anymore

Two quick thoughts:

First, I was grumbling about how I rarely get substantive conversational e-mails from people these days, and I realized that it's because I blog so friggin' much. My old blog featured short entries with no option for comments, so friends from whom I was separated geographically were obliged to stay in touch via e-mail. Now, everyone who gives even one quarter of one shit about what I'm up to has a pretty good idea and can chime in whenever they feel like it in the comments. I will always prefer e-mail to a blog comment, but I am reconciled to this brave new bloggy world nevertheless.

Second, everyone knows that I have a Devo tattoo on my shins. Sometimes, however, even I forget how awesome Devo's first full-length major label album (Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!) really is. It's kind of like unstoppably amazing music, from Uncontrollable Urge to Shrivel Up. It's the soundtrack to nerd sex.

1 comment:

Trust in Steel said...

You're right on blogs leading to less email. I am guilty of laziness as it is just easier to check a blog quickly and leave a short message. It's like one-stop shopping. You're description on DEVO is also on target.